It was a huge surprise to the whole Team at BBR, when we recently discovered that two of our most recent Challenge winners are actually twin sisters! 🤯
Our BBR babes Tamsin and Kiara transformed not only their bodies, but their overall lifestyle and mindset too, and both came away as winners of our 8 Week TLM Challenge, and 4 Week Challenge.
The dynamic duo completed their Challenges entirely from home during Melbourne’s lockdown and achieved a remarkable total weight loss of over 20 kg and 130 centimetres combined.
TAMSIN’S 8 WEEK TRANSFORMATION 🔥
"It was all about time management, developing a routine and daily checklist while creating a positive “I can” mindset".
Tamsin’s twin sister Kiara made the decision to sign up to our 4 Week Challenge after seeing her sisters’ incredible transformation, and also went on to achieve unbelievable results in just 4 weeks FROM HOME!
KIARA’S 4 WEEK TRANSFORMATION 😍
"You’ll be surprised how quickly the physical and mental changes can come with hard work and dedication".
Tamsin and Kiara are both busy mothers to three little ones and have so many helpful tips and tricks to share that helped them throughout their own journey.
TAMSIN'S TOP TIPS FOR TRAINING
Get your kids involved in your workouts
My girls would love to have a go at the exercises so they’d stand next to me and I’d encourage them to follow along with Rachel on the app. My 4-year-olds push up technique would crack me up but I loved it.
- Use your kids as weights for exercises
My kids would want a turn each, so I’d end up doing pyramid sets of squats, and go from holding my youngest child to the oldest 😂
- Make training your alone time
When I wanted to work out on my own, I would wait until it was nap time, or for my husband to get home. I would hide from the kids and workout in the garage.
- Have a neat and organised training area
If you don’t have a designated space out of your kids' way, what I did was store my workout equipment in the laundry where it was easily accessible for when I wanted to set up my little space and train (either inside or in the backyard when it was nice and warm).
- Make it challenging for yourself
I would challenge myself and choose a finisher or burnout challenge from the App Library to add on to my workout every day. I would also double up resistance bands when I needed to make exercises more difficult, and focus on my mind-to-muscle connection. Knowing what muscles you are targeting and really focusing on them makes such a difference!
KIARA'S TOP TIPS FOR TRAINING
Train first thing in the morning - don’t put it off!
I would train every morning as soon as I woke up so I wouldn’t put it off or make excuses not to do it later in the day.
I tried to get up in the morning before my three kids (which rarely happened as they would get up at the crack of dawn) so they would come out and join me or play around me. I managed to complete every workout, despite my three daughters aged 4 and under constantly interrupting and distracting me.
- You don’t need much equipment to get results from home
I only used 2 sets of dumbbells, a resistance band, a booty band, bench, skipping rope and ankle weights for the 4 Week Challenge.
TAMSIN'S TOP TIPS FOR MEAL PREP
Plan your week of eating ahead
I would set my meal plan for the week in the App and do my weekly grocery shop online to have them home delivered on Sunday (so much easier than going to the supermarket with 3 kids!).
- Choose meals that your family will love
Luckily my husband loved the BBR recipes so he’d eat the same meals as me so I didn’t have to cook a whole other dinner for him. He ended up losing 6kgs over the 8 weeks by eating like me!
- Set aside a sweet treat
If you’re like me and love some sort of treat to eat once the kids are in bed, save something from your meal plan. I would have a Chobani Fit yoghurt with berries and nut butter and it really hit the spot.
KIARA'S TOP TIPS FOR MEAL PREP
- Double your recipe portions
I would swap my meal plan out every two days, so I would make double the portions for my lunch and dinner meals on the first day and have them over the two days.
- Make meal prep fun for the family
My girls love to be involved in the kitchen and would help me prepare the meals.
- Set up your environment for success
Limit the number of sweets or junk food in your house. I found not having that temptation around helped me stick to the meal guide.
The fit sisters share their top 10 tips for women who are embarking on their fitness journey:
- Make a vision board and put it somewhere you will see it throughout the day to remind you of your goals and keep you accountable 🌟
- Have a daily checklist to tick off for that satisfying feeling of accomplishment 📝
- Stick to your meal guide as best as you can 🥞
- Drink 3-4 litres of water a day 💧
- Train first thing in the morning every morning, so you get into a routine and don’t lose motivation throughout the day 🌅
- Use lighter weights and work on technique before trying to go heavy with poor technique 💪
- If you have the energy and want to push yourself a little more, add a finisher or burnout to your workout 🔥
- Perform cool down sessions from the App Library post-workout to avoid injury 🧘🏾♀️
- Aim to hit your 10,000 step goal. I went for a walk every day, even if it was just 15 minutes 👟
- Take measurements and progress photos weekly to see the changes. Don’t go off the scales, comparing photos will show you real changes 📸
The reaction to our 4 Week Challenge was overwhelming, and we saw so many incredible transformations in such a short time!
If you missed out on our exclusive 4 Week Challenge intake in 2020, it’s not too late to join in on the fun!
We are super excited to announce that our 4 Week Shred, Tighten & Tone Program is back and here to stay with our brand NEW Round 2.0! 🎉
Our first intake of STT 2.0 kicks off on 15th February, with a new intake beginning every following Monday.
If you’re looking to shred unwanted body fat, tighten your figure, and tone all over, we’ve got you covered! 🔥
If you’ve been looking for that little push to chase after your goals, this is your sign.
Make the decision to step into your very best self today! ❤️